Pages

Tuesday 10 July 2012

4 Top Places to Eat in Edinburgh

Hey everyone! Today I've decided to change things a little and show you my favorite places to eat in Scotland's capital, Edinburgh.

4. Royal Botanic garden restaurant.
The botanics in Edinburgh has 2 places to eat. A cheaper, okay-ish place and a nice restaurant. This one is specifically for their high tea. It is pretty, dainty looking and very tasty. I remember having mine with hot chocolate. I can't remember how it tastes, but knowing them I bet it was pretty good. :) Lots of little great tasting sandwiches, cakes and scones. It has a pretty good view of the gardens too! Here is a picture of a view of the garden (not from the restaurant though.).
File:Waterfall, Edinburgh Botanical Garden.jpg

3. The Standing Order
I know this is a chain-ish kind of place. It's owned by Wetherspoon but it's a great place!
Great fish n'chips, burgers, and has a big menu. It's reasonably cheap too!
The desserts are awesome. A main favorite is the sticky toffee pudding. Mine is personally the super-filling waffles with fruit.
It is a gorgeous building, very ornate. Especially in the main section where you pay. There is a bar section with tables and chairs and a family area. Everyone seems to like the main area best but since I'm 12 I'm always stuck in the family bit. And kids need to be out by 8pm. It is a very big building but it is also extremely busy, so if you're hoping for a table avoid rush hours or reserve a place if you can (their number is 0131 225 4460.). Open 8am-12-am.

2. At World's End
I love this place. It's a tiny little pub on the royal mile of Edinburgh with great food, fast service and very friendly staff. Everything they make is great, so don't be shy. It has a cosy and relaxed vibe to it and when I went the waiter couldn't stop talking. It's not a bad thing. Most waiters and waitresses just ask what you want and go off. But that doesn't mean they're mean, just that they're busy or just not the world's most chattiest people.
At World's End also has lots of souvenirs, but they are whoppingly expensive,  so if you are really totally 100% dazzled by this place then bring extra money!

1. German market food
Once a year at Christmastime Edinburgh has this amazing German market (and lots of fair rides and the famous ice rink too!). It was my favorite day of the year, the day I'd go. It smells amazing, it looks amazing. There is something for everyone from angus burgers (I thought the market was German) to pretzels with a serious nom nom nom factor. But my personal favorite food there is the Käsespätzle. It took my a very long time to learn how to pronounce it. kaseu shpetzel. There. Now you can too.
It isn't actually German, Käsespätzle is in fact Hungarian. But maybe it was the Germans that put the cheese in it. It's like German mac'n cheese, but 1000x better.
 You can have if vegetarian and with or without onions. Take the onions! I usually don't like onions but they taste so good!
The German market also has a lot more to offer than food, so if you're nearby at the right time go check it out!

P.S. Thank you so much everybody for reading! I know it isn't just friends and family but also people I don't know. This may be strange but this makes me very happy because somehow someone else wants to read the stuff I have to say. I think you are awesome, whoever you are. Family, friend, whoever. You're awesome for checking out my blog, and awesome for lots of other stuff, whatever that may be.

2 comments:

  1. The Botanic Garden hot chocolate was really good. And The Standing Order also has really good fish & chips and YUMMY fudge cake, too! Great places to eat, Livvy! I'm hungry, let's go! I'll even buy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED the German Market food and everything else about it. What made it really special was getting to spend it with you, Joseph, James and your Mom. It was a fantastic memory I will keep forever! Thank you for taking me there.

    ReplyDelete