Pages

Sunday 10 June 2012

School Preperation

I think some of you guys may know this but I'm starting school again tomorrow. I have missed 8 weeks of school and the last time I was in school properly was in March. That doesn't really help how nervous I am.
Luckily for me I am not the only one joining my class. Another kid's joining on the same day as me called Harry (URK). I'll probably have to sit next to him because the staff'll be like: hey look, two new little lonely weenies. Maybe if we have them sit together they'll be less of the little lonely weenies that  they are. No offense....uh....Harry. It's just weird 'cuz when I joined my last school I was seated next to a Harry.
The name reminds me of pirates.

My brother is totally chillaxed about it. Nothing in the worlds will worry him. It's 'cuz his time in secondary school was amazing. He made friends with pretty much everyone he came across. See, I'm not only changing schools, but I'm going into a different grade and my first time in high school.

Here's the confusing (and very exaggerated) story of my grade position.

2010.
My mom: We're thinking of putting you into high school.
My brother: I DON'T WANNA!!
My mom: Why?
My brother: SCARY!
My mom: What if I put you in primary school. Just remember that you'll be a grade behind (kinda).
My brother: LESS SCARED!
My mom turns to me. Asks my opinion.
Me: I'd rather start in my own grade.
My mom: You don't really have a choice. You aren't allowed to be put in the same grades 'cuz you'd fight.
Me: -sighs loudly- And since I'm the youngest, I'm being knocked back. Great.
My mom: ....

Later that year I begin primary school. A year behind. I'm still a little annoyed, but if I wasn't knocked back I wouldn't have met my totally awesome friends!
2012
Ham ham: We're moving.
My and my brother: WHAT!?!
I say I'm okay and yet I'm crying at the same time. Fail acting.
So we applied for 3 schools in march. We move in April.
And in May we wait. And wait. Then suddenly a school FINALLY says : Uh, sure bring them in for more slaves-er uh...students. So after a long time letter writing to and fro from us to the school (haven't they heard of something called a telephone? :P ) we have a meeting with the school. The next day I go in for tests. The day after that my brother goes in for the same tests. The next week is midterms. On Sunday I prepared my stuff. Did I mention that that Sunday is actually today? Wee anyway, I am being put up a grade, into year 7. Guess it balances it all out then. :)

I'm going to show you a map of the places I've lived. This is since I was four. Before that I was living in the 'States. So really this map should span all over the world ;).

The purple dot was our first house. We lived there for about a year. We visited a couple years later to find that all the windows had been boarded up.
The red dot was in a seaside town. I lived there for 3 years, my longest time living somewhere. A year after we got there due to bullying and me stinking at math we became home schooled for 4 years.
The blue dot was a random village in the middle of nowhere. The people there weren't very nice to us. The house was rat infested for a while and the landlord tried to unfairly take our money. But it was a good sized and pretty house. We thought we wouldn't get any better. Until......
We moved to the blue dot. It was an extension of a large mansion that was built in the 1600s. Our bit was made in the 1800s. There was a MASSIVE garden (well, two actually) lots of places to ride bikes, go ladybug hunting and pick raspberries. I joined school again, made lots of friends and had the best time ever. Waaaaay better than any other place I've lived.
Then on something like the 23rd of April 2012 we moved to.....
The green dot (well, duh, Nyssa.)!  Pretty good house, close to everything, lots of stuff to do, a comic book store, and I have a bedroom that's smaller than the master bedroom bathroom.

Hey, wait! What happened to my ACTUAL post topic? XD
I'll keep writing on that, then. Well this school is a lot stricter than the school I went to AND the school my brother went to.  The uniform's changing after the summer holidays, but for now you MUST wear a blazer you MUST wear the school P.E. kid (including socks!). You MUST wear black or white socks. You MUST wear you tie, lace your shoes, wear no nail polish, no jewellery, no pin badges(GRR!), blah, blah, blah.

I went in a couple weeks ago to take some tests on my English.  Luckily I didn't have to take any on my math. So I'm being put in the middle group, just like I was before. Phew.

Well, I'm off to do the best part of school prep: packing my pencil case! :D

1 comment:

  1. You are the most amazing young woman! I'm sure everyone is going to SWARM you with friendliness and want to be your friend! Just be yourself and you can't go wrong. Good luck, Sweetie!

    Love,
    Gramre

    ReplyDelete